Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Weekend Breakfast

Thank goodness for weekends!  By Friday, I am always tired of rushing around in the morning to get to work.  For this reason, I savor my Saturday and Sunday mornings in the kitchen.  I wake up to a big glass of cool water to re-hydrate.  Then I turn the kettle on for coffee.  Next I consult with Mr. PT on what we should have...Eggs? Oatmeal? Yogurt Parfait? Pancakes?

I let my coffee slowly steep in my French press as I combine my ingredients for a 5-star breakfast.  I take my meal and my steaming hot coffee (in my favorite mug, not a travel cup!) and melt into the couch so I can look out the window and watch the world wake up.

Whatever you decide to make for your weekend breakfast, make it healthy, delicious...

 
...and pretty!


Combine with a high intensity workout!  Pick two unrelated exercises (abs and bicep curls) perform 10 reps of each exercise back-to-back with no breaks.  Try to go for 20 minutes!

What's your favorite thing about "weekend eating?" Leave a comment!

No comments: