Saturday, January 28, 2012

Veggies with a side of...Veggies!

It was Wednesday, and I needed a healthy, hearty meal to boost me and Mr. PT through the rest of the week.  I must be going through a spinach phase because I keep on buying it at the store and finding new ways to eat it.  Last week I ate it for lunch with goat cheese, walnuts, and a balsamic dressing (yum!).   On Thursday I used it as a post-run snack by wrapping it around pepperoni slices (different, but still yum!).


Wednesday night I threw it in my wok with some of my favorite vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, green/red pepper, sun dried tomatoes), spices and olive oil.

I finished the dish by cooking up some whole grain couscous and mixing it all together.  It was delicious!  Although looking back, I wish I had drizzled in some balsamic vinegar while I was tossing all the ingredients together at the end.  Oh well, next time!  And with spinach in the fridge, there will be a next time!

Combine with some serious abs.  Put your timer on for 30 minutes.  Spend 5 minutes warming up with some stretching, then get right into it. 20 minutes of nothing but abs, no stopping!  Find some ideas HERE.  Then finish up with 5 minutes of stretching.  You can do it!

What ingredient are you loving right now? Leave a comment!

No comments: