Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Salsa, Salad, Bruschetta...all in one!

I made the most delicious, yummy, tasty, dish the other day.

I got the idea from this fellow blogger, whose pictures make basically any dish look amazing!

I love how this dish has chickpeas!  I'll admit, I sometimes get tired of hummus, but I adore these little legumes!

Instead of a poblano, I used whatever pepper was in my fridge (green, yellow).  I also cut out the mint and added chopped zucchini.  Instead of roasting in the oven, I softened my veggies in the skillet like a stir-fry.  

Onions, peppers, corn, tomatoes, chickpeas...seasoned with basil, parsley, and cilantro?  Not to mention olive oil, red-wine vinegar, and tangy gorgonzola cheese?

Did I mention this was seriously delicious??

Vegetables softening in the skillet with olive oil


The great thing about this dish is that you can eat it with corn chips as a salsa.

You can put it on crusty bread as bruschetta.

Heck, you can eat it plain as a salad!


Please make this and eat it.  You won't regret it.

Combine with a personal trainer's workout...do 3 sets of 8 minute of strength exercises.  Mr. PT and I circulated 3 arm and abdominal exercises for eat set.  For example:

Set 1:                                                                      Set 2:                                                      Set 3:
rows                                                                        push-ups                                                 flys
abdominal twists                                                    quick jumps                                            biceps
triceps                                                                    sit-ups                                                     reverse flys

No comments: