Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Snacks

Even personal trainers enjoy a nice spread on Super Bowl Sunday.  Mr. PT, being the pizza lover that he is, requested pepperoni rolls.  I found a simple recipe on Pinterest that I altered to make them as healthy as I could.  Oh man, these are good.


You will need:
-puff pastry
-canned diced tomatoes, or diced fresh tomatoes if you have them
-pepperoni
-mozzarella cheese
-fresh basil
-1 egg, beaten

Defrost the puff pastry.
Preheat oven to 400.

Layer the tomatoes, pepperoni, basil, and cheese on the pastry.  Do your best to roll it into a log, tucking the pastry at the ends to keep the filling in.  Seal the roll and brush with the egg.  Use a sharp knife to slice the roll into pieces.

Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.

If I make these again (which I probably will, based on Mr. PT's reaction) I will make my own dough.  Puff pastry is wonderful but the ingredient list might make you cringe a little.

Looks like it's going to be a close game! Enjoy!

Combine with a goal.  Sign up for a 5k, 10k, sprint triathlon, duathlon...something that will motivate you to get moving.  

What is your favorite Super Bowl snack?  Leave a comment!

 

No comments: