Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pancakes in the morning, patties at night

I have never been a big pancake person.  When you eat them at restaurants, they usually have too much dough and way too many toppings.  They are good for about 3 bites, and then your stomach implodes.  At least, that's what happens to me.

So when Mr. PT first offered to make pancakes for me, I was skeptical.  I did not consider them to be the best way to start the day.  But, for the sake of being polite, I agreed to join him for pancakes.

I am so glad I did!  He introduced me to the world of buckwheat!

 This mix makes the most delicious, hearty pancakes you will ever eat.  After making a big batch and enjoying 2-3 each, we put them in the refridgerator and eat them during the week for breakfast.  A quick minute in the microwave with a touch of syrup, topped with vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit...and you have a breakfast to wake up for!


So that's how I woke up this morning.  After a long day of work, I needed to spend some serious detox time in the kitchen.  So I got to work on one of my favorite recipes...tuna patties!  These can also be tuna burgers, but I did not have hamburger buns, oops.

You will need:
-2 cans of tuna, in water, drained
-2 1/3 cup bread crumbs (Progresso makes the only kind I could find without trans fat)
-1/3 cup chopped celery or green pepper
-1/4 cup chopped onion
-3 eggs
-spices to taste

Mix all the ingredients together.  Form into patties and brown off in a skillet with olive oil.  Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes.  Enjoy with a rice or veggie side!


Have I mentioned I love cooking?

No comments: