Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Slow cooker flautas!

Today was Mr. PT's first official day of summer vacation, so what do I tell him to do while I'm at work? Make dinner of course!

Luckily for him, I already had a plan.

Into a slow cooker, he put:
-a 1 lb roast
-1 green pepper, quartered
-1 red pepper, quartered
-1 red onion, quartered
-an almost full jar of mild salsa
-a sprinkle of freshly ground pepper

He cooked this on low (while lounging around the house) for about 7 hours. By the time I got home it was deliciously marinated in salsa and pull-apart tender. Yum!

I shredded the meat and sliced the gooey vegetables. Then I filled whole wheat flour tortillas (no lard, no trans fat) with the meat mixture and cheese.

I heated a skillet with olive oil and browned off the little burritos...flautas!

We ate these with salsa and homemade guacamole. Yum! I browned five of them for dinner and put the uncooked ones (about 12) in the freezer for crazy baby days.

Happy summer to Mr. PT! 6 more weeks till baby!



No comments: