Monday, March 25, 2013

More Pancakes!

Mr. PT and I have yet to think of a name for our little one yet, but I'm considering giving her the nickname "pancake girl."

Or maybe we'll call her Maple?

Mr. PT suggested Mrs. Buttersworth but that is too much!

Long story short, I am loving pancakes.  In my first trimester, I ate waffles for dinner 4/7 nights a week because it was one of few things that didn't sound revolting.  Now, I dream about pancakes and waffles and french toast.  But mostly pancakes.  

Breakfast, in general, is a pretty amazing meal.

Mr. PT and I headed out of town last weekend for a conference he was a speaker for and we found two awesome diners to eat in!  

Diner #1, with blueberry buttermilk pancakes

Diner #2, with scrambled eggs, toast...and a side of pancakes

Am I obsessed?  Yes.  Do I feel bad about it?  Not really, because at this point baby Kent is in control and if she wants pancakes there is not a whole lot I can do about it.** 

However, I can help my wallet and my blood sugar by making healthier pancakes at home!  So this morning, when I was home due to snow, I made the PT version of pancakes, with oatmeal, fresh bananas and strawberries (no picture, sorry).

For lunch, I had leftover pancakes with homemade peanut butter, bananas, and a drizzle of honey.


Talk about a slice of heaven.

My amazing friends in Roanoke even agreed to throw me a baby shower and serve brunch...WITH PANCAKES!!!

**Tonight for dinner, we are having zucchini, eggplant, red pepper paninis.  I'm not completely nuts!

Combine with some sprints in your workout routine...if you're in the pool, watch the clock and do a lap every 60 seconds (do 5 reps).  If you're running or walking outside, walk the length of the street and sprint the sidewalk to the next block.  It will get your heart rate going and make you faster!

No comments: