Thursday, May 17, 2012

Taking Flax to the Max!

What is another way to get more fiber, Omega 3's, protein, and antioxidents in your diet?

Flax seeds!


I got these in bulk at our local food co-op for a pretty decent price, considering how few you need to eat to benefit from their hearty qualities.

Some will say the verdict is still out on flax seed.  If you want more information, as always, there is a superfluous amount of information on the internet.  I would recommend checking out Spark People, a Cincinnati based organization focused on nutrition and exercise.  As always, you want to feel comfortable when adding any sort of "supplement" to your diet.

I have been eating flax for the past 2 weeks, about 1 teaspoon a day, and let me tell you, things are moving and grooving!  I won't go into much more detail than that, but, these little guys pack a powerful fiber-licious punch!

I have mostly been sprinkling it on my yogurt and cereal in the morning...

But I also got creative and sprinkled it in my peanut butter!

They really do not have much of a taste as long as you don't go overboard, which you don't want to do.  Too much fiber can be a scary thing. 

Try adding some flax to your diet and tell me how you feel!

Combine with...trying not to compare yourself to others.  Everybody has a different physical and chemical makeup.  Do what is best for you body at this time in your life.  Set yourself a goal of feeling better and let your body do the rest.

No comments: