Monday, March 12, 2012

I see the light!

Oh daylight savings...I detest you when I am driving to work in the dark again, but I love you when I can ride my bike until 7:00!

What better way to celebrate the daylight than with some pesto?  You have seen it with basil and arugula, but spinach? 



These measurements are a little shaky because I kind of threw it together, so make sure you taste for perfection!

You will need:
-2-3 handfulls of fresh spinach leaves
-1/3 cup olive oil
-1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
-1 large clove garlic, minced
-1/3 cup walnuts
-1/2 cup parmesan cheese
-pinch of rosemary

Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.  Serve with crusty bread and anything else you have in the fridge!

Use the light! Get outside and walk, ride, run!  You will be surprised how quickly 45 minutes will pass when you are outside moving and grooving.


No comments: