Thursday, August 18, 2011

Party On!

I recently had some family in town and I was in charge of preparing a nice spread for lunch.  I purchased some fresh fruits and veggies at the farmer's market the day before, so I wanted to share some of the goods.  It was a pretty light lunch, but I got compliments all around!  So if you are feeling overwhelmed with hungry guests, here are some fresh, light ideas to top your table with.

 Fresh hummus served with pita bread and veggies


 Watermelon and cucumber salad with feta cheese, mint and basil
(this one was hit or miss...if you are questionable, stick with JUST watermelon and cucumber)

Bruschetta with tri-color cherry tomatoes

For this simple dish, just dice your tomatoes and stir with basil, olive oil, a touch of balsamic vinegar, and a dash of pepper and garlic...serve on top of toasted bread with mozzarella

Everyone enjoyed the lunch and I was proud to serve my guests all the yummy, local foods I had scavenged.

Combine with a bike ride to the gym, a pilates/fitness class, and a bike ride home.  If you can't ride to your gym, do a bike ride and some stretching and abdominal work after a hot shower.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

What? No comment about the doggie boo who also loved your food? Lol....

Unknown said...

haha...he got his fair share!