Friday, July 22, 2011

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

This was Mr. PT's chant of approval for this yummy dish of BBQ chicken alongside a fresh, green salad.  I receive daily recipes in my email through Recipe.com, and this one caught my eye because it had basic ingredients with very few steps.  Mr. PT and I are still in the process of owning a grill so I had to use my broiler.  But the end result was the same: delicious, moist chicken with a sweet glaze on top.  The salad was my own, straight forward creation.  Greens and veggies with an oil/vinegar dressing. 


You will need:
-3 tbs brown sugar
-2 tbs chopped onion
-2 tbs mustard (I used french mustard)
-1/4 tsp celery seed or powder
-1/8 tsp garlic powder
-8 chicken thighs
-1/2 tsp paprika
-1/4 tsp turmeric
-1/4 tsp salt
-your favorite BBQ seasoning if you have it!

Combine sugar, onion, mustard, celery seed, and garlic powder in a small pot over medium-high heat.  Boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.  Rub spices over chicken.  Grill until chicken is cooked throughout.  Brush with sauce the last 5 minutes of grilling.  If broiling, broil 5-6 inches from the heat for 28-32 minutes, turning once.

Combine with 30-40 minutes of swimming laps, sprinting the last 2 laps.  If leisure swimming with friends, family or kids, stay moving for 40 solid minutes and race someone across the pool!

No comments: