Friday, April 8, 2011

BFD!

I love eggs because of their many personalities.  They can be easy, medium, or fried hard.  They can be flat, scrambled, or dipped from a cup.  They can be hard boiled, peeled and eaten, or they can be soft boiled, mushed with bread in a bowl!  Eggs can be paired with so many ingredients, from fancy mushrooms in an omelet, to hash browns and ketchup.  They can be slapped between two pieces of toast, or delicately placed on a French croque madam.

Another great thing about eggs? You can eat them any time of day!  Sometimes I just don't have the energy to get the skillet hot in the morning, but at night, they are a quick and easy way to fix a delicious meal.

The other night, I felt like some BFD (breakfast for dinner).  I started with a base of red onions, mushrooms, red and green pepper, and fresh spinach softened in the skillet with some (1 1/2 tbs) butter and spices.  Then I added 3 eggs with about 1/3 cup milk and scrambled them all together.  I laid the eggs on top of some whole wheat bread, topped them with some mozzarella cheese and toasted the whole thing until the cheese melted.  Then I added fresh avocado.  It was a very fancy egg sandwich.




Stay tuned for more ways to do eggs!

No comments: