Sunday, June 3, 2012

Time to get Green

Mr. PT and I have been bombarded with lettuce!!!

Our vegetable share brought us 3 types of greens last week:
  • green leaf lettuce
  • endive/chicory
  • Chinese cabbage
 Yikes!  We ate a few salads this past week but Tuesday's bounty is right around the corner so I had to get these greens in gear!  I decided to divide them into 5 different containers to keep in the fridge for the week.  I topped them with chopped scallions and carrots.


I figured I would add the more perishable toppings in the AM before leaving for work, like fresh berries, cheese, and nuts.  I must say, having 1/2 week of lunches already prepared feels pretty good!  My sister also had the great idea of making salads ahead in Mason jars...another great way to store your greens on the go!

Speaking of sisters, that same sister also made a delightful salsa the last time we visited.

Mango Salsa

This was delicious, with chopped mango, apples, cilantro, and red onion.  This did not last long with our family!

Combine with a new type of exercise, even if you are doubtful.  I've been a pretty avid yoga/Pilates follower for a few years.  Now, I am enjoying a new class at my gym called Body Flow.  Like most group exercise classes, you follow the instructor through a series of tracks practicing t'ai chi, Pilates, yoga, and meditation.  Increasing flexibility to music is a great way to spend 55 minutes!  I've been begging Mr. PT to join me, and after months of prodding, he finally agreed to pull up a mat for a Saturday morning class.  And guess what...he liked it!  He reported that he learned a few new stretches and core exercises to practice himself as well as use on clients.  So step out on a limb and try a new way to move, what's the worse that could happen?*

*When trying a new exercise, make sure to take it slow and easy at first to prevent injury!

 

No comments: