Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sweet potatoes rule!

After a LONG leave of absence from my blogging days, I am back! Baby is able to entertain herself for at least five minutes which means I should be able to write a blog entry at least a few times a week!

We will see how it goes! I hope I didn't lose all my readers!

Mr. PT and I ate a late lunch today so we kept dinner light. We have really been digging sweet potatoes so I decided to mix it up by making twice baked sweet potatoes. I think they turned out really well!

To make this simple meal, all you need is:
-1 large sweet potato
-1 tablespoon of butter
-A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
-1/8 cup of sliced almonds

If you are in a hurry, put a large sweet potato in the microwave (make sure you stab it with a knife first) and the zap it for five minutes on high. Turn the sweet potato over and cook for five more minutes. Slice the sweet potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the insides of both halves and put them in a small bowl. Mash the sweet potato innards with butter and nutmeg. Put the innards back into the skins. Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds and salt if you desire. Bake in the oven at 350° for about 15 minutes. Enjoy!



No comments: