Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Baby food smoothies!

I swear, sometimes I think Baby eats better than me and Mr. PT!

Today I took a few fresh ingredients and processed them into about a month's worth of baby food! We are trying to get Baby to pack some pounds on her little frame, but in a healthy manner. We are also hoping to develop her little taste buds early on so she won't curl her nose at baked kale when she is older! Ha!

So here were my ingredients, grouped into individual recipes:

-2 frozen bananas, thawed
-1 mango, peeled and sliced
-2 tbs plain Greek yogurt

-1 russet potato, baked with the flesh scooped out
-3 bunches broccoli, steamed until very soft
-1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese

-1 sweet potato, baked with the flesh scooped out
-1 apple, peeled and diced
-1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg

I basically threw each group of ingredients into my food processor, puréed until the chunks were gone, then scooped the mixture into ice cube trays.

I froze these for about 2 hours, then popped them out and quickly stored them in freezer bags. Now they are happily sitting in my freezer waiting to eaten by Baby!

My thought is that you could also use these cubes of goodness to throw into smoothies or heat up for soups. The possibilities are endless!



No comments: