Monday, April 16, 2012

Breakfast for Easter!

Sorry again for my absence.  It is crunch time at work right now and I unfortunately have been bringing work home, which is such a bummer.

I thought I would share my fantastic Easter feast with you!!  I say this in jest because Mr. PT and I had a quiet Easter this year without the influx of family.  I missed seeing everyone, but we still managed to have a special day.  We woke up to sing at mass, hopped on our bikes and enjoyed a 30 mile ride in perfect weather.  We then came home to enjoy our own version of the Easter ham.

Spinach-Egg Frittata

I have been wanting to try a frittata for some time.  When I realized it would only be the two of us for Easter, I figured I would get some nice hearty bacon and serve it with fancy eggs.  It was delicious!  I got the recipe here!  I sauteed peppers with the onions instead of sun-dried tomatoes and used Jarlsberg cheese on top rather the goat cheese (although the goat cheese would be delicious!).  

This was the perfect meal to pack on some protein after a long workout and it made fantastic leftovers for breakfast the next morning.

Happy Easter!

Combine with race season!  So far we've done a 10k.  We are signed up for another 10k and a bike race in a few weeks.  Check out the local races in your area!  Training is fun and it's a great way to challenge yourself.  If you need the extra motivation, get a buddy involved!

 

No comments: